Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Being Given a Design Job That Someone Else Started

Here's the exact request...
ok, so when i have to work off of someone elses InDesign file I am expected to continue working with the file that THEY created. nine times out of ten, the way they set up their file is wack/wrong/stupid/plain dumb. it's like no one has every taught these "designers" how to use the tools they need to know correctly. and most of the time, they've been designing longer then me. wtf? so here i am, trying to dissect/decipher this monster of a file and taking up more time. and so my boss man (or woman, if need be) is waiting for me to finish and thinking, "man, this new guy SUCKS! what is taking him so long?"

Your haiku, M.O.

Your file is done wrong
May as well start this from scratch
I hate this damn job.

No comments: